Under the supervision of the Manager-Actuarial Services, the candidate will provide a full scope of actuarial and statistical analyses. Such projects will support both internal and external customers. The position requires working collaboration with other team members and business units throughout the organization. This role requires strong analytical skills.
- Bachelor.........s degree required in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Sciences, or related field. Master.........s degree preferred.
- One (1) year of Actuarial or related experience preferred. (ex. internship)
- Completion of at least one Society of Actuaries exam preferred.
- General understanding of Actuarial concepts, functions, and processes.
- Understanding of basic health care concepts and products, and general understanding of the health care environment.
- Proficient PC skills in a Windows environment. Advanced knowledge of Excel, SAS, and other analytic or query tools preferred. Programming and coding experience preferred.
- Proven ability to handle data sources, filter and assess data quality, and recognize data patterns required. Strong problem solving skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative, as well as an ability to perform under pressure. Strong interpersonal skills. Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize, multitask, and work in fast paced environment.
- Proven examples of displaying the IH values: Passionate, Caring, Respectful, Trustworthy, Collaborative and Accountable.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, Independent Health and its affiliates will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant.........s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law. Click here for additional EEO/AAP information
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity