What does it look like to be an Operations Finance partner for a $100B and growing startup? Cutting-edge technology, automation and a fast pace environment attract some of the brightest in Operations to help us redefine our distribution network every year. To do so, we look for exceptional candidates who possess the leadership to influence, a bias for action, and the passion to think big while diving deep. The challenges we tackle span multiple industries and functions across our many businesses and acquisitions, all powered by the same mission—to be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Operations Rotation Program (OFRP) intern roles are given significant responsibility from the start of their internship to drive both business and financial decisions to deliver results. OFRP Interns are expected to evaluate and quantify new business ideas, and perform data-intensive analyses to drive meaningful change and improvement to the way we serve our customers. OFRP Interns are placed in our Fulfillment Centers during their internship to ensure they gain the varied experience to be well rounded leaders in our organization. This experience culminates to a final project review with senior leaders across multiple departments within Operations and support functions.
· Participating in staff planning and maintaining/improving metrics and models
· Conducting financial analysis to help identify cost reduction opportunities
· Collecting and analyzing quantitative data from the manufacturing process paths
· Walking through the fulfillment center and working with hourly associates to identify cost out and process opportunities
· Designing and maintaining reports based on collected data
· Communicating results to Controller, Sr. Operations leaders and other support department leaders
· Maintaining data integrity to ensure accuracy of fiscal results
· Owning both variable and fixed budgeting on a weekly, monthly, and yearly level , upwards of $100MM
· Working with and supporting Operational Leaders across many different business functions to drive network level cost savings and efficiency
Locations and Placement:
· Geographic Mobility (locations will vary)
· Must be able to work 40 hours a week throughout the course of the internship
· The position is NOT a corporate role and will be located in a Fulfillment Center, Sort Center, Delivery Station, or other warehouse environment
· What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations!
· Must be willing to relocate at time of hire (position location is most heavily weighted on business need but will also take into account individual location preference)
· The position is not based out of Seattle, WA Headquarters
Please note, visa sponsorship is not available for this position
· Currently working towards a Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, supply chain management, operations and information systems, business administration and management, mathematics, economics or related field with expected degree conferral between December 2019 and June 2020.
· Understanding of basic business, accounting and finance concepts, and a working knowledge of Excel
· Commitment to self-development and proven ability to receive and action feedback
· A practical and creative approach to problem solving
· Ability to summarize and communicate important data
· Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills
· Solid organizational and project-management skills
· Strong desire to exceed expectations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Share this job
CompanyAmazon.com Services, Inc.
Position CategoryFinance & Accounting
Company/Location (search) : Country (Full Name)United States