Join an organization where you can make a difference in the lives of students from across the nation and the world. At The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars (TWC), we see a world where young people from all backgrounds have the opportunity to discover, develop and realize their full potential. TWC is the bridge between higher education and professional careers–leveraging all that Washington D.C. has to offer to provide dynamic, experiential learning opportunities to empower and motivate young people to become engaged global citizens.
The Washington Center (TWC) is seeking an enthusiastic Admissions Coordinator to serve as a front-line representative of our organization. The Admissions Coordinator will oversee our customer service channels and be responsible for providing accurate, comprehensive information and a positive experience to all stakeholders. They will also engage with targeted groups of prospective students, supporting them throughout the customer decision journey and helping them take the necessary steps to pursue an internship experience with TWC. The ideal start date for the position is mid-August, and will run through April 12th, 2019.
- Inbound Customer Service
- Oversee customer service channels including general email inbox, phone line, and web-based Live Chat.
- Provide timely, accurate and comprehensive information regarding program components, financial arrangements, application processes and more.
- Establish a positive rapport with each customer and gather information about where they are in the customer decision journey (if applicable).
- Work to create a unified customer service experience and support students throughout the admissions and pre-arrival process.
- Track all interactions in CRM and make notes of information that may be relevant to the admissions, enrollment or advising processes.
- Student Recruitment
- Engage with leads and in-progress applicants through one-to-one email and phone outreach.
- Build relationships with targeted groups of students, assess their interest and ability to participate in TWC’s programs and provide information that is relevant to them, based on where they are in the customer decision journey.
- Enter student contact information collected during campus visits for upload to database used to communicate with prospective applicants. Work closely with colleagues to ensure accuracy of data, timeliness of entry, etc.
- Programs Expertise & Discovery
- Develop a general understanding of all TWC programs and a strong knowledge of the Academic Internship Program, Academic Seminars and Federal Diversity Internship Initiative.
- Understand the value proposition and enrollment goals for each program and be able to engage students in conversation to help them decide which program is the best fit.
- Collaborate with other TWC staff members to confirm answers to unique student questions and share those answers for future use.
- Work with the Senior Manager, Admissions to stay updated on program changes, student timelines and/or specific messaging.
- Assist with the enrollment process for various programs (especially the Academic Internship Program and Academic Seminars).
- Duties may include scanning/uploading supporting documents, screening applications and continually monitoring the CRM for submissions.
Education and Experience
- Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Preferred Education/Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working with college students or in a higher education setting preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM system preferred.
- Prior participation in The Washington Center or a similar internship program a plus.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities which are critical to the successful performance of the job. These may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with the position:
- Willingness to take on any and all projects with enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability and strong desire to provide excellent customer service to all stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in data entry with minimal errors
- Ability to manage multiple, detailed projects and work collaboratively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Valid driver’s license
- Competencies required to perform the job successfully:
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Satisfaction
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
- Standard office equipment including a facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone system.
- Personal Computer, job-related software and printer.
These are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form.
This job description no way states or implies that these are the only duties preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.