Magna is a company of entrepreneurial-minded people dedicated to delivering innovative solutions today while defining tomorrow. We are a mobility technology company and one of the world’s largest suppliers to the automotive industry. Our agility and expertise make us the ideal partner for autonomy, electrification and building complete vehicles.
The Talent Acquisition Intern will report to the Manager, Talent Acquisition with a wide range of projects related to HR compliance, updating applicant tracking systems (ATS), recruiting, and volunteer intern programs. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills she or he may have acquired in school related to his or her particular areas of interest, and apply them in a professional setting. He or she will gain a better understanding of the role that Human Resources can play in a corporate setting, and be better prepared to work in the arena of human resources and the corporate sector. The candidate will also have opportunities to network with the staff.
- Steps in the recruiting and hiring process, including: posting job openings, reviewing resumes, conducting telephone and in-person interviews, making job offers and negotiating starting salaries
- The importance of employment law and compliance, especially regarding employment eligibility, confidentiality, proper maintenance of employee files, and forms management.
- Understanding an Application Tracking System (ATS)
Knowledge and Education
- Current or recent enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in Human Resources, or management/administrative fields;
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Attention to Detail: Able to teach team efficient ways to verify accuracy and consistency; help others understand the reasons for certain procedures and the impact of certain mistakes; work with team to design processes that ensure records are kept up to date; hold people accountable for rigorously testing services/applications
- Business Acumen: Able to focus on delivering services in a way that enhances / maximizes profitability; ensure that team delivers service in a way that brings out the organization's value and competitive advantage; manage against a budget; educate team on important developments within the organization; discuss relevant industry developments with team
- Creativity & Innovation: Able to generate creative ideas to solve problems and improve work methods; apply novel approaches to situations; independently apply professional expertise in ways that are unique or innovative; collaborate with team members to brainstorm creative approaches; rethink situations to create new opportunities or overcome obstacles
- Organization & Time Management: Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects and associated tasks successfully
- Planning & Organizing: Able to help others prioritize their work and manage their time effectively; hold others accountable for creating adequately detailed project plans; coach others to follow up and monitor projects and help them see the benefits of doing so; plan ahead to make sure critical resources are lined up; set and stick to an agenda in meetings to avoid wasted time
- Must be able to Travel 10%
Group: Magna Corporate
Division: Magna Services of America
Job Type: Internship