Are you passionate about new technologies? Does the opportunity to work with customers to solve their toughest technological and business challenges make you tick? Would you love to build expertise around the leading, next generation cloud services? Do you possess superior leadership, communications and consultative capabilities? Are you looking for an opportunity to pursue a customer-facing career at the intersection of business and technology? Microsoft's Marketing and Sales Center is looking for you!
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud.
Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We were recently recognized as the most attractive global employer and have been and continue to be known for our exceptional citizenship and community efforts. We have offices and career opportunities in all 50 US states and 250+ countries around the world.
• Identify and explain how businesses across industries, company sizes and types can meet a new bar for excellence and reinvent themselves to compete in the next decade by embracing Microsoft’s technologies
• Position competitive offerings and solutions in the context of customer needs and experiences; provide technical product overview and insights pertinent to customer need and usage scenarios
• Demonstrate verbally, in writing and through live product demos, how customers can capture value and envision their future with Microsoft’s technologies
• Quarterback sales from opportunity to usage; be the main point of contact for Microsoft's customers, leading the sales strategy, overcoming objections and negotiating success
• Manage ongoing relationship with set of accounts to ensure long-term customer success with Microsoft technologies
• Meet and exceed targets for net-new revenue and sales pipeline, as well as a monthly and quarterly forecast for cloud solution usage and sales; accurately forecast sales, pipeline and usage for the products and solutions in your scope
• Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic teaming environment with Sales Development Specialist, Technical Solution Professional and Consumption Analysts to effectively manage opportunities and pipeline through the sales cycle
• Leverage social, digital, video, chat, phone and demonstration environments to effectively reach, sell to and manage Microsoft customers
• Present action plans and results to management and use appropriate escalation techniques to stay on top of goals and objectives
• Obsess over Microsoft’s customers and prospects to deliver a world-class customer engagement experience
• Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
• 4-6 years of sales experience with a proven track record of success. Familiarity with modern sales techniques and tools is a bonus, including experience from retail sales, corporate internships, or entrepreneurial programs
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral, written and verbal communications skills. Ability to successfully communicate with contacts via the phone, email, video and presentations
• Desire to work in a competitive environment where one’s growth potential is driven by one’s abilities and attitude
• Ability to identify the key aspects of a potential opportunity, nurture the opportunity to close, engage channel partners as needed and manage the customer relationship through success
• General knowledge of the IT industry, with the capacity to learn and retain knowledge about individual products and business solutions quickly and accurately
• Achievement and success-driven personality, motivated by performance rewards for exceeding annual sales goals through strategic sales leadership and strong cross business collaboration
• Solid time management skills and ability to work independently or under supervision with a high level of integrity
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications (Outlook, Lync, Windows 8, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, OneNote and SharePoint); Dynamics CRM or other CRM experience is a bonus
• Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world
• Must be able to legally live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsorship
Microsoft will invest in an industry leading training program for employees of the Marketing and Sales Center. Training will include:
• Microsoft Product and Solution Training
• Executive Conversation Training
• Social Selling Techniques
• Industry Training
• Challenger Selling Skills
• Demonstration and Presentation skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.