Danaher Company Description
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we’ve taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications. Come join our vision for abetter wayand help make life better for us all! For more details, visit us atwww.cepheid.comor follow us on Twitter (@CepheidNews).
The Product Marketing Specialist/APM, Oncology will report into the Global Product Manager, Oncology. She/He will serve on the product management (PM) team supporting products at various stages of the product lifecycle. This individual will have a strong technical foundation, preferably in oncology, and keen commercial inclination to support business requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Consumes qualitative and quantitative secondary market research for new product initiatives
• Conducts primary market research per established processes, including voice of customer (VOC) projects
• Supports business plan development for oncology product line
• Supports critical work for the strategic planning process
• Attends tradeshows to support oncology product line
• Critical core team representative working cross-functionally with Quality, R&D, Clinical Affairs, Product Transfer, Regulatory
• Supports core team with product requirement updates for new products (MECs), voice of customer, and product performance market analysis as required at the different stages of product development.
• Executes product launch according to established process
• Performs technical training of internal stakeholders to support successful product launch
Pre- and post-launch Support
• Provides regular product forecast per the established SOP with demand planners
• Supports internal systems for document handling (Package Inserts, MECs, MSDS, etc.)
• Communicates and provides product and competitive information to the organization
• Leads portfolio meetings for designated oncology product line
• Supports studies for product line sponsored by Sales & Marketing, Medical Affairs or Market Access per the established process
• Responsibility for working with appropriate groups such as Technical Support, Manufacturing, R&D and Commercial organization to resolve issues, as required
Education or Experience (in years): - with 2 years of related work experience
• BS, life sciences preferred
Knowledge and skills:
• Demonstrates knowledge of products and markets
• Strong communication skills and strong team player/collaborator with various internal constituent, customers and other stakeholders
• Excellent presentation and organization skills with an ability to multi-task across broad number of products/ disease states
• Good knowledge in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint desired
• Strong analytics skills and agile learner
• Roll up sleeves approach focused on scientific approaches and customers first
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
• Ability to work in a clean room environment
• MS, PhD life sciences
• Customer-facing field experience (sales, technical support, application scientist)
• Business experience, internships or MBA preferred
• Experience in the oncology market highly preferred
• Prior experience in molecular diagnostics (qPCR, FISH, or IHC)
• Prior product launch experience and prior product development experience preferred (or experience in the lab or working with similar customers)
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Marketing
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Sunnyvale
Req ID: CEP002394
Cepheid is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.