St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare , one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014. With 171 beds, the hospital’s comprehensive services include advanced cardiac care at the Heart Hospital of Austin at St. David's Round Rock—the first specialized cardiac facility in Williamson County—with the only Hybrid Operating Room (OR) in the county; as well as emergency services in a 24-hour emergency department, including advanced trauma care with a Level II Trauma Center; St. David's Urgent Care Round Rock; and St. David's Emergency Center in Cedar Park. St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center is also known for providing advanced orthopedic and robotic services, among other complex specialties. In 2016, the hospital received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence from Healthgrades and also earned a national distinction for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group .
Position Summary: This position is responsible for coordinating the daily activities and functions of an assigned portion of the credentialing and privileging component of the medical staff services department. Responsibilities include accreditation compliance, credentialing, privileging, Medical Staff committee support, Medical Staff Bylaws and policy and procedure compliance. This position studies and understands the medical staff bylaws and monitors the latest regulatory standards and ensures compliance. Responsibilities have a direct and significant impact on hospital accreditation, performance improvement, and patient care. This position interacts professionally with medical staff leadership and facilitates communication between medical staff, hospital staff, clinical directors, and administration. Hospital departments rely on this position to assist in ensuring that the medical staff complies with various policies and regulatory standards.
Knowledge & Skills:
· Organization – proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
· Communication – communicates clearly and concisely with a variety of audiences; able to facilitate open and effective communication between the medical staff and administration; able to provide clear and concise instructions to assigned personnel.
· Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, builds trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
· Tactical execution – oversees the development, deployment, and direction of complex programs and processes
· Policies & Procedures – articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems
· PC Skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word) applications, Visual Cactus, and others as required
· Financial management – Assures compliance with approved budgetary limits; Generates new approaches to improve quality and cost-effectiveness of the department.
· Medical staff services technical skills – extensive knowledge of credentialing, privileging, peer review, and all other aspects of medical staff services
· Analytical skills – demonstrates ability to critically evaluate and appropriately act upon complex clinical and technical information
· Time Management: Manages multiple projects, delegates tasks, and sets and meets deadlines.
· Attention to Detail: Able to accurately document and communicate issues related to peer review processes, credentialing decisions, bylaw interpretations, etc.
· Work Independently: Performs functions of the position with minimal or no direction from Supervisor.
· Independent Judgment: Able to independently determine when issues should be directed to management, etc.
· Confidentiality: Assures confidentiality of issues and documentation in compliance with state and federal laws as well as medical staff bylaws and policies and procedures.
· Interpersonal: Able to work effectively with multiple personalities and cultures; able to provide positive or negative feedback to assigned personnel.
Education: Required: Associates degree in business, health information management or healthcare administration courses or at least 5 years of previous experience in credentialing and privileging in hospital medical staff services may be substituted for the education requirement. Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in business, health information management or healthcare administration including successful completion of an accredited medical terminology course.
Experience: Required: At least one (1) year previous credentialing experience or one semester educational internship in medical staff credentialing. Preferred: At least (3) years credentialing experience.
Credentials: Preferred: Certified Provider Credentials Specialist (CPCS) or Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM).
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Medical Staff Services Coordinator (Full-time/Weekdays)
Location: Texas-Round Rock-Round Rock Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06240-62788