The Global Card Issuance team manages service partners that provide card manufacturing, issuance and project support for all proprietary American Express cards globally. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting all aspects of issuance operations within the Americas to include new product launches, process improvements, and reporting/analytics. The position requires the ability to lead global projects across multiple markets and time zones to effectively operate in the rapidly evolving operational environment.
This role will be responsible for leading and supporting projects to achieve business and operational goals.
* Primary responsibility is to support a workstream, by leading and driving projects and assessments.
* Lead new product launch (NPL) projects leveraging project management best practices.
* Drive projects and improvements to implementation for optimized operational outcomes.
* Identify, assess, and develop operational and supply chain opportunities.
* Partner with multiple organizations including Finance, Operations, Capabilities, Technologies, Compliance, Marketing, 3rd party vendors, and others to drive results.
Provide detailed operational analysis in order to communicate overall operational performance
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Engineering Management, or equivalent required.
- Strong project management experience and skills.
- Results driven with the ability to effectively manage initiatives to completion.
- Adept at problem solving and quantitative analysis using superior analytical skills.
- Understanding of continuous process improvement and problem solving methodologies.
- Strong ability to translate data analytics into impactful insights and actionable outcomes.
- Adept at developing solution options, recommendations, and proposals.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or in teams.
- Strong demonstrated ability to build relationships and collaborate.
- Strong sense of personal accountability and demonstrated self-starter.
- Experience or knowledge of engineering software and tools.
Examples: TeraData; IDN; MiniTab; Hadoop; SAS; R; SQL; Excel; Access; Visio; and such.
- Experience, knowledge, and application of core engineering principles and methodologies:
Such as: complex problem solving; cost benefit analysis; project management; strategic planning; data analytics; statistics; probability; operations research; simulation; data mining; regression analysis; forecasting; predictive modeling; quality control; statistical process control; work/motion study; design of experiments; Six Sigma; Lean; process mapping; value stream mapping; and such.
- Experience and knowledge of card issuance systems, processes, and technologies preferred.
Such as: card manufacturing; card personalization; EMV; IHR; Exchange Media; BIS.
- 0-3 years of work experience, internships, or relevant experience
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
Title: Project Analyst I
Requisition ID: 18006212