Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Position Summary: Responsible for the spearheading, administration and execution of events and meetings on the Comcast Center campus. Responsible for supervising a Coordinator, Events.
- Assists with event coverage which includes contacting group representatives, coordinating event logistics and being present to greet organizers and guests to assure that events are executed as requested.
- Conducts site visits with internal and external clients.
- Ensures that all necessary paperwork for loading dock access is submitted in a timely manner.
- Keeps event files updated and maintains historical records and statistics.
- Participates in the weekly events meeting to coordinate event logistics with key stakeholders from the Campus Operations, Comcast Security, Comcast AV, FLIK Catering, and Events and Conference Services departments.
- Responsible for event alcohol orders and maintaining adequate stock for events. Conducts quarterly alcohol inventory in conjunction with the Coordinator, Events and the accounting team.
- Assists the Sr. Manager, Events & Conference Services in the coordination of additional special projects such as internship events, awards programs and company functions as requested by corporate management.
- Acts on behalf of Sr. Manager, Events & Conference Services when necessary.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must have flexible schedule to work mornings, evenings and weekends as the events and conference schedule requires, sometimes without much notice. (Mid-shift of 11:30 am to 8:30 pm may be the most common schedule.)
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Position includes moving easels, folding tables, chairs, high stools and rolling lecterns and coatracks.
- Fulfills Floor Captain duties including CPR certification and basic first aid.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 8-10 years events, hospitality or catering experience.
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent. Bachelor’s degree recommended.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Extremely detail orientated.
- Customer service oriented – able to provide a high level of customer service / hospitality.
- Creative problem solver.
- Critical thinker.
- Able to delegate responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Time management.
- Know when to ask for help or ability to determine when to ask for assistance.
Direction to Others: Supervises the Coordinator, Events and will act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Responsible for the planning, managing, and directing of a broad range of services that allow the Company to operate efficiently. Manages space allocation, facilities maintenance and operations, and major property and equipment procurement. Oversees centralized operations that meet the needs of multiple departments. Works to ensure that contracts, insurance requirements, government regulations, and safety standards are followed and up-to-date. Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on business results, and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees.
- Oversees program policies, legislative and agency operations to include strategic planning, economic development, and service delivery.
- Applies knowledge of administrative and business processes, budgetary controls. Applies knowledge of program evaluation, analysis,and strategic planning.
- Handles diverse, unusually complex, sensitive, and volatile situations affecting the public or customers, and consulting on legislative issues.
- Interacts with diverse constituencies, including government officials and consumers, on matters relating to operations of administrative/operational programs, resolution of major issues
- Oversees the management and strategic planning for assigned administrative/business and program functions.
- Manages and guides staff and provides leadership in integrated project teams. Builds relationships with department and other functional business staff and leadership to foster successful collaborations.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer