The project is submitted to Master 1 or 2 nd year Engineering Student as part of their second semester personal assignments, for a period of 4 months. Students will be:
• Mentored by a Nexteer engineer
• Based mainly in Nexteer France (Villepinte) with possible interaction with partner research labs. The project will be conducted in partnership with Nexteer Engineering France, based in Villepinte (93).
They will provide the selected students with the opportunity to:
• Experience a multi-cultural working environment
• Understand the operation of a global automotive high-tech company
• Contribute directly to the improvement of products and processes.
Mission & responsabilities:
Technical Background– Functional safety is considered as a critical topic during the development of Electric Power Steering system. The safety activities consists on compliant safety process covering the full life cycle of the EPS – from concept and requirements through design and analysis to testing and implementation. Moreover, the introduction of automated driving and autonomous road vehicles will imply new functional safety challenges. During this internship the student will have to main tasks: (1) support system safety process development, and (2) Establish a state of the art of new safety process and analyses suitable for Autonomous vehicles (SOTIF).
WorkProducts• Safety requirements management under DOORS • Process Alignment with ISO26262 standard • Establish a state of the art of new safety process and analyses for SOTIF
Candidate– Master 1 or 2 nd year Engineering Student Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, Computer Science with a background on safety. Prior academic experience in Embedded systems and safety systems is required. Knowledge of ISO26262 and Automotive engineering is a plus. Demonstrated attention to detail and documentation. Good French and English language skills spoken and written. Good communication and presentation skills are appreciated, along with willingness to work in a multicultural environment.