Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 25393
We are seeking a Publicity Assistant to support two Senior Publicists within our Viking, Penguin Books, and Penguin Classics imprints. In this role, the Assistant will assist in implementing publicity campaigns and performing general administrative duties while keeping abreast of changes of staff and books coverage at top media outlets and the literary scene. The position requires exceptional time management, writing skills, prioritization skills, as well as strong attention to detail. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about book publicity and work with distinguished authors on a wide variety of books!
Specific responsibilities include:
• Inputting all confirmed events and author appearances, reviews, interviews, and other press coverage into internal publicity databases and marketing systems.
• Processing and reviewing copy requests.
• Pulling press lists and executing galley, review copy, and tour mailings.
• Pitching press interviews and reviews for authors and their books.
• Maintaining internal databases.
• Scheduling author events, coordinating travel and hotel accommodations for touring authors, and creating detailed tour schedules and distributing to media escorts.
• Securing and staying in close contact with media escorts.
• Writing press materials, including press releases, pitch and galley letters, interview alerts, quote sheets, etc.
• Checking the general email inbox weekly.
• Performing general administrative duties as needed, including billings, filing, record keeping, mail, etc.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Prior office experience preferred
• Previous publicity or book publishing internship a plus
• Strong interest in publicity and book publishing
• Excellent organization, writing, communication, and time management skills
• Ability to meet deadlines, multitask, and prioritize in a deadline driven environment
• Excellent follow up and record keeping skills
• Understanding of social media as a marketing tool
• Knowledge of pertinent online media (T.V., radio, print, podcasts, websites, blogs, etc.)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Salary for this position is $40,000.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.