What is the opportunity?
We are actively seeking a Summer Analyst to support larger Corporate Banking & Global Credit verticals at RBC. The successful candidate is currently a junior with expected graduation date of June 2019 who has strong interest in Capital Markets, solid academic track record and is looking to explore a career opportunity with Corporate Banking. RBC is North America's 5th largest bank and a premier, full-service investment bank with a strong US presence and significant momentum across four continents.
What will you do?
- Support 10+ Corporate Banking & Global Credit industry verticals throughout the entire debt origination, execution and portfolio management cycle
- Participate in the due diligence process for new financing transactions by analyzing company filings, financial statements, diligence reports, equity / credit research, etc., as well as attending management presentations and diligence calls
- Assist with the preparation of internal credit presentations and related credit submission documentation. This will involve producing detailed written credit analyses and working with integrated financial models to assess the creditworthiness of new and existing clients
- Analyze companies' business models, financial projections, deal structures, industry dynamics and investment merits through direct collaboration with peers from Investment Banking, Leveraged Finance, Risk Management and various other internal product partners
- Support senior team members in various ad-hoc and recurring initiatives such as portfolio management, administration and reporting, pipeline management and annual budgeting, as well as other special projects as needed.
- Liaise with back and middle office functions to set up transactions on various internal systems.
What do you need to succeed?
- Enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program with a focus in Business, Economics, Finance, Mathematics or related field
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to manage dynamic priorities and tight deadlines in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Genuine interest in capital markets, finance and banking
- Intellectual curiosity, enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Minimum of 1 relevant internship experience, preferably within financial services industry
- Basic understanding of loan and capital markets products
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, to think progressively and to keep moving forward. We work together to deliver trusted advice which helps our clients thrive and our communities prosper. We care about each other and strive to reach our potential, make a difference to our communities and achieve success that is mutual.
- Develop a deep credit, structuring and execution skillset across four industry verticals, spanning a wide range of transaction types, and covering the entire ratings gamut from investment grade blue chips to small/mid-market leveraged situations
- Play an integral part in a growing and dynamic team with strong deal flow, a collegial and collaborative work environment and a flat structure with an open door policy
- Direct involvement in and exposure to marquee M&A, LBO, acquisition and related transactions
- Opportunity to build relationships with various industry and product partners and learn about RBC's full product suite
- Position provides a clear career path with significant runway in a team-oriented environment. You will have the opportunity to take on increasing responsibility, work directly with MDs and earn recognition for your successes
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.