We are looking for part-time and potentailly full time pastry cooks. Come join our amazing team!
Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
What you get to do: Organize, supervise and prepare all food items in the Pastry Department while maintaining quality and quantity control and presentation in accordance with established standards of quality, food cost and labor cost.
- Supervises and expedites all pastry and bakery items in accordance with standards of quality, quantity control, taste and presentation as established by the Executive Chef.
- Responsible for scheduling of personnel according to forecasted weekly.
- Supervises the training and cross training of all pastry and bakery personnel for all phases of pastry preparation according to standard job descriptions as provided by the Executive Chef.
- Supervises the assignments of specific duties on a daily basis.
- Hires and evaluates all assigned personnel and interns.
- Assists the Executive Chef in maintaining the training all internships according to Culinary Program Curriculum.
- Maintains communication with all departments.
- Creates and maintains a sound working relationship with all preparation personnel.
- Must be familiar with health requirements, OSHA regulations and Department of Labor regulations as they pertain to all kitchen and restaurant employees.
- Review banquet function sheets on a daily basis in order to ensure adequate preparation of pastry items.
- Reports to the Executive Chef any maintenance or repairs needed.
- Ensures that all recipes are reviewed regularly to provide maximum profitability.
- Reviews all pertinent food and beverage requisitions, inter-kitchen transfers and production quantities, and verifies all special food requests with Executive Chef.
- Prevents the spoiling and contamination of foods by enforcing proper sanitation practices and ensuring compliance with policy and health regulations.
- Inspects delivery of food to ensure the highest level of quality
- Makes menu recommendations to the Executive Chef for future menu development, holidays, special events and promotions.
- Supervises the development of daily specials.
- Introduces special pastries and tests new items.
- Ensures a variety of menu items offering local and seasonal specialities.
- Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to total quality efforts by striving for continual improvement, working cooperatively as a team member and concentrating on both internal and external customers.
Complies with departmental policies as well s restaurant rules and regulations and policies s set forth in the Employee Handbook and Management.Specific experience we're seeking:
2-3yrs actual baking experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending on the role degree may be required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).