Performs routine engineering tasks under general supervision that are simple, varied and require troubleshooting and interpretation of data. Executes and coordinates detailed designs as part of projects of moderate scope.
- Conducts and/or specifies simple engineering tests using standard techniques to resolve customer concerns/problems; prepares technical reports based on results
- Applies computer-aided engineering analysis techniques to resolve customer concerns/problems
- Adheres to new product development processes as it relates to product development pre-production and post launch steps; recommends methods of manufacture during the design of new products and design modifications or process changes based on cost/design studies
- Evaluates product failures using standard engineering techniques
- Compiles and analyzes test results, formulates conclusions and makes appropriate recommendations
- Provides data to support project management, business units, manufacturing, quality, supply chain, etc.
- Recommends improvements and/or modifications for sequence of operations, equipment utilization and related matters
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Skills Requirements
- Knowledge of engineering concepts, practices and procedures and other internal engineering standards and systems
- Knowledge of engineering systems
- Knowledge of company and competitor’s products and technical abilities of suppliers
- Good interpersonal skills
- Written communication skills necessary for technical report writing
- Fluent in English and primary language used in area of responsibility and/or location
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of one year of relevant internship experience
Physical & Environmental Requirements
May require travel of a scheduled or urgent nature to review applications, discuss problems, visit suppliers / customers, trade shows, etc.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the world's largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North America's number one marketer of pressure washers, and it is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of power generation, lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Briggs & Stratton, Simplicity, Snapper, Snapper Pro Ferris, PowerBoss, Allmand, Billy Goat, Murray, Branco and Victa brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.