Location:Mineral Point, WisconsinUS
• Provide strategic and tactical Health, Safety and Environmental leadership to prevent accidents and injuries, and ensure a safe workplace for all Mineral Point employees.
• Establish strong safety presence and engage with manufacturing employees through daily observations and interactions with staff in production areas.
• Proactively identify hazards and monitor conformance to defined safety practices through daily observations and interactions with staff in production areas.
• Provide ongoing training and feedback to new hires through daily observations and interactions with newly hired staff in production areas.
• Lead discussions on safety topics, incident reports, risk assessments and hazard identification during daily manufacturing operations production review meetings.
• Serves as subject matter expert and drives efficient and effective closure of safety-related tasks in Manufacturing Change Request process.
• Provide proactive hazard identification and recommend solutions to manufacturing plant projects to ensure safety is accounted for during the planning phase of projects.
• Lead root cause investigations into First Aid and Near Hits incidents and drive corrective actions to closure.
• Lead hazard identification and risk assessment processes, prioritize, develop and implement controls.
• Update HSE Standard Operating procedures, Work instructions, HSE System Forms and Checklists in accordance with ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 & ISO 50001 standards and internal requirements.
• Perform audits on lock out tag out and permit to work systems.
• Conduct weekly inspections on Hazardous Waste / Chemical Storage area and ensure regulatory agency compliance i.e. labeling, containment, proper disposal, documentation, etc.
• Perform monthly inspections and maintenance on site emergency equipment (including fire extinguishers, early detection and alarm system, strobe lights, eye wash stations and fire exits).
• Lead by example in conducting BBS observations, analyze content from observations, follow up on safety work orders, communicate work order closure, and encourage participation from others on their shift.
• Conduct thorough and effective accident investigations that identify root cause and develop and implement corrective and preventive action plans.
• Develop a thorough understanding of key risk areas on manufacturing floor, prioritize, develop actions to address and escalate as necessary to drive improvement and closure.
• Serve as Project Leader for all safety projects and show tangible improvement in safety metrics.
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Detail oriented and organized
• Ability to lead, prioritize and motivate others
• Willing to work different shifts
• Ability to work effectively on own initiative and effectively contribute within a team environment
• Proficient with MS Office, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills and Web base Applications
• BS/BA Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Environmental, Risk Management.
• Two to three years experience in Health, Safety, Environmental or a related field; technical education counts towards experience, Internship in professional area desired
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment
• Solid working knowledge of federal, state and local regulations in OSHA, DOL and EPA compliance
• Working knowledge of (safety and environmental) management systems - ISO 14001 or OHSAS 18001 experience preferred but not required
• Experience with incident investigation processes and requirements
• Knowledge of principles of ergonomics, industrial hygiene and behavioural based safety strategies
• Ability to develop and enthusiastically facilitate training modules