The Walt Disney Attractions Technology (WDAT) team combines custom technology solutions with creativity to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the guest experience. From one of the most sophisticated hotel reservation systems in the world to Disney Cruise Line shipboard systems, Disney Vacation Club member services, FastPass ticketing, PhotoPass, and even inventory applications to ensure we have the right number of cast costumes. WDAT seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges.
Responsibilities : With The Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Technology group, this intern will be expected to work on engineering and maintaining highly secure, highly available and highly performing BigData Hadoop platform in Cloud. They will work on provisioning the server instances, monitoring and maintaining the instances in Cloud. They will work on deploying various application code/modules on the platform and verifying the executions. Will also work on creating an automated monitoring process and reporting on the critical alerts.
WDPR Technology seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges. Candidate should have strong verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently as a self-starter, utilize good time management skills, and function well within a diverse team.
Basic Qualifications :
What you bring…
Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
Understanding of Data Lake, Big Data, Hadoop concepts.
Developer skills in Java and Python. Familiarity with AWS, HDFS/Hive, Spark/Scala, NiFI and/or similar technologies
Familiarity with machine learning libraries like Spark MLLib, AWS Machine Learning, Mahout, JSAT or similar
Solid grounding in data science and information management disciplines
Understanding of Linux operating system and networking fundamentals.
Problem solving and analysis skills
Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communication and time management skills
Required Education :
Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
Additional Information :
· Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
· Must possess unrestricted work authorization
· Must provide full work availability
· Must provide own transportation to/from work
· Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are August - December 2018.
Job ID: 564697BR
Location: Lake Buena Vista,Florida
Job Posting Company: Disney Parks & Resorts