The Program Coordinator is to provide support to a Program Manager by managing assigned tasks or phase(s) of a project. Under direct supervision of the Program Manager, this person assists in all phase(s) of a project and is responsible for the following specific areas of project management including but not limited to scheduling, business requirements, and other operational duties needed.
Demonstrated abilities in administering project planning, tracking, logistics, and compliance for government-funded programs focused on promoting science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines and internship opportunities.
- Assist program managers and NASA Center leads in all aspects of project management including strategic planning, data gathering, analysis, development, communication, status tracking, implementation, documentation, monitoring, and follow-up, associated with NASA Internships activities.
- Collaborate with NASA Internships Lead to provide on-site implementation and assist with operational elements for USRA’s interns located at local center.
- Follow-up on project issues with project manager(s) to assist in the development of solutions.
- Follow through on action items generated from project team meetings.
- Participate in required meetings, activities, and related projects and relevant interdepartmental activities.
- Perform special projects as requested by the EPO Program Manager.
- Coordinate selection, placement and management of interns, including provision of pre-arrival, enrichment, and exit activities; support mentors and interns for student deliverables.
- Integrate best practices and innovative approaches to streamline internship program and implementation plan.
- Coordinate all logistics for student orientation, enrichment activities, and poster sessions.
- Work collaboratively with fellow Project Specialists to address related tasks effectively.
- A bachelor’s degree in education, business management, administration, or related degree required.
- 1-3 years relevant experience of successful experience administering related projects or educational programs.
- Excellent professional and technical written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to develop relationships and create effective solutions to communication problems.
- Ability to work independently requiring time management, self-reliance, and strong work ethic.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to secure a government security background investigation approval to secure appropriate access to government facilities.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends, as necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and its applications.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc. Extensive online usage. This is largely a sedentary role.
Up to 25% travel.
Applicants should apply to the posting at https://usracareers.silkroad.com/ and include a letter of interest, resume, or curriculum vita. Review of candidates will begin immediately. Additional information on USRA can be found at www.usra.edu.
USRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
Tracking Code: 817-1500
Job Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular