About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Staff Accountant - Holland, MI
13 West Fourth St
Holland, Michigan, 49423
Staff Accountant -
The Holland Plant is seeking a Staff Accountant who will be Responsible for performing general ledger accounting, journal entries, account reconciliation, gross margin reporting and management reporting as necessary, and balancing of departmental accounts.
How you will impact WestRock
• Assists in basic accounting functions.
• Performs account reconciliation.
• Performs gross margin reporting.
• Prepares and creates management reporting as needed.
• Balances inter-company accounts.
• Prepares and enters journal entries.
• Maintains accounting analysis schedules.
• Produces accurate monthly reports including income and balance sheets.
• Prepares account analysis.
• Passes interfaces and reconciles if needed.
• Performs general ledger maintenance.
• Assists senior finance staff when needed.
• Facilitates year end audit.
• Pulls, files, copies, and maintains journal entry records.
• Prepares and distributes daily sales reports.
• Prepares monthly consolidated sales reporting.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
• Must have Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university or college in Accounting or related field.
• Accounting internship or related experience preferred.
• Experience in a manufacturing organization preferred.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and in 10 key operation.
• Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
• Must have the ability to read and write complex instructions, correspondence and memos.
• Must be reliable and dependable.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Finance and Accounting
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.