CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study. Interns within the Government Enterprise and Research department will be challenged to apply their knowledge gained in the classroom to real world problems. This is a unique opportunity to gain hands on experience working on real world Innovation Initiatives for a Fortune 500 company. This position will allow students to utilize their talents and abilities to innovate on active projects at CenturyLink. Interns within this Sales Organization will gain practical experience in the support of our sales team specifically over our Departments of military.
Day to Day Responsibilities
• Operate inside of the Department of the Military business and learn sales quoting practice
• Gain experience with sales software tools such as Salesforce
• Will assist in the creation of presentation materials for internal and external use as well as attend team meetings
• Will rotate amongst the Sales Directors to learn all aspects of the business
• Provides assistance with ad hoc reporting and other team initiatives..
• Experience with Applications including but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Microsoft SharePoint
• Social Media Savvy
• Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
• Highly motivated, organized, reliable and detail oriented
• Capable of multi-tasking efficiently
• Quick learner and not afraid to work with new technology
• Professional attitude
• Classification: Junior, Senior or Graduate status by start of internship
• Pursing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree as a Business Major in Marketing, Sales and IT are ideal
• Currently enrolled at a 4-year accredited College or University
• 3.0 or above cumulative GPA - Excel skills required
Alternate Location: US-Virginia-Herndon
Requisition # : 207287
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.