Job ID: 432044BR
Address Line 1: 2081C Kramer Road
Zip Code: 15044
Position Status: Full-Time
INTERNSHIP POSITION OVERVIEW:
Under supervision, interns are expected to develop a broad knowledge of Less Than Truck Load (LTL) operations, tools, processes and procedures working alongside senior professionals, managers and leadership in areas of operations and sales.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Gain knowledge of LTL industry principles, terms, policies and procedures as defined by company
Develop competency and understanding of processes and systems used in operations and sales
Gain understanding of analytical approach and procedures to measure operations objectives
Develop through understanding of intent and control measures of reports for processes that post results
Develop and communicate ad hoc reporting
Assist with various assignments and projects as assigned
Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Must be enrolled at a Junior level or above (or have graduated within the last 12 months) at an accredited college or university
• Major or course of study toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Transportation; Distribution or other quantitative discipline.
• A Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be reliable and exhibit follow-through
• Must be adept in completing assignments and solving problems
• Good organizational and interpersonal skills
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to: Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Able to follow instructions and complete required training
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Could include exposure to a dock environment exposure to varied weather conditions, exhaust, fumes, dust, noise
• Hours may vary due to operational need
• Frequent contact with LTL service center personnel in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
Division Category: Intern
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com. FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.