The role of the Marketing Specialist is to support marketing vehicles, programs and initiatives in partnership with Merchandising, Sales, Store Operations. L&D, Segment Marketing and the internal Agency. These marketing activities influence our customers' perceptions and shopping behaviors in all channels: stores, online and C&E. Marketing Specialists draft communications, participate in the development of creative materials, execute and measure program effectiveness. Marketing Specialists have the opportunity to work on projects while getting exposure to a variety of vehicles and functions within the Company.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Support programs and initiatives
• Escalate issues that could impact timelines, other teams or budget
STRATEGY AND PLANNING
• Participate in planning sessions
• Provide inputs to plans and creative briefs
CUSTOMER AND BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
• Collect and organize data
• Compile results
• Communicate and collaborate in all stages from planning to roll out to reporting
• Draft creative briefs for internal Agency, provide feedback, proof materials"
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
• 1-2 years work experience, could include internships/co-ops
• Detail oriented, highly organized individual with strong problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to work accurately but efficiently, adjusting quickly to changing priorities and aggressive timelines.
• Experience with reporting and metrics including ability to manipulate and evaluate sales and coupon redemption data.
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
• Experience working with/managing agencies and/or vendors a plus.
• Ability to Provide resolutions to an assortment of problems of which are moderate to complex. The "what" is clearly stated, but the "how" is largely determined by the Associate's judgment with Manager's input.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.