Posting Detail Information
Working Title Social and Digital Media Coordinator
Research Professional Position No
Posting Number 201800939AP
Position Type Admin Professional/ Research Professional
Number of Vacancies 1
Work Hours/Week 40
Proposed Annual Salary Range $50,000
Desired Start Date 01/07/2019
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Posting Date 10/12/2018
Open Until Filled Yes
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 10/29/2018
Description of Work Unit
The College of Agricultural Sciences at Colorado State University speaks to our institution’s land-grant mission through its economic impact, cutting-edge research, and innovative education. The college offers nine undergraduate majors with 28 different concentration options as well as 39 graduate degree programs within the college and its five academic departments.
The Office of Vice President for External Relations oversees Marketing, Public Relations, Creative Services, Social and Digital Media, and Web Communications. External Relations provides central marketing, media and community relations, design, photography, Web, TV and video services for a variety of university clients.
Colorado State University is seeking a digital storyteller for the position of Social and Digital Media Coordinator for the College of Agricultural Sciences (CAS).
We’re looking for a content creator who brings new ideas to the table, is passionate about creating engaging content primarily for the digital experience, and will excel in a collaborative environment. This position is responsible for creating compelling, audience-appropriate, multi-channel, contemporary videos, photos and graphics that engage and build relationships with target audiences (prospective students, current students, alumni, donors, faculty/staff, industry partners). This position will manage, organize and implement a wide range of projects to elevate the CAS brand and support student recruitment goals.
This position will serve as part of CSU’s Division of External Relations’ internationally acclaimed and award-winning Social and Digital Media Team, and will play a lead role in managing CAS social and digital media strategy as part of the CAS communications team. The position is responsible for content creation and distribution, brand management and analytic assessment to guide the strategic and editorial direction to enhance the digital reputation of CAS and CSU. This responsibility includes writing and editing content for the college website and online news website, Source.
Further, the Social and Digital Media Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the voice and tone of CAS on social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and more.
The Social and Digital Media Coordinator plays a key role within the Division of External Relations, the university’s central communications arm, and regularly consults with other communications professionals across the university. This position will collaborate with the Division of External Relations to utilize multimedia assets to position CAS digital channels as vital branding vehicles for telling the college’s stories, building affinity and increasing the college’s profile and standing among internal and external audiences.
Required Job Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field.
• Two years of professional experience (inclusive of internships, etc.) in communications, marketing, public relations or related field.
• Experience in multimedia asset creation that includes videography, photography, graphic design (as demonstrated in digital portfolio).
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Experience in social media strategy and content management. • Experience shooting and editing video for social media platforms. • Experience writing compelling copy on social and web platforms for a diverse range of audiences. • Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere) to create visual media. • Strong knowledge of social media trends. • Experience shooting original photography. • Experience with social media or website data collection and analytics. • Experience using content management systems, such as WordPress, to create, format and distribute content. • Ability to manage multiple projects effectively and within set timeframes and to prioritize competing demands. • Ability to take initiative and autonomy in projects. • Demonstrated commitment to enhancing diversity through inclusive design and language.
Preference will be given to individuals with demonstrable experience building accessible websites that meet the most current version of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) published by the W3C. Knowledge/Experience with: - User interfaces and interactive deliverables that perform well both on mainstream devices and with assistive technology - Semantic mark-up elements - Product accessibility testing continuously through all development stages - Troubleshooting, revising, and updating websites encumbered by legacy code accessibility constraints
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Create and Distribute Content
• Create and manage the CAS social media strategy. • Research, write, edit and design engaging content for digital platforms. • Develop and implement visual content for all digital platforms (directing video projects, editing videos, shooting and editing photos, graphic design). • Create and manage content calendar for digital engagements. • Ensure that college stories are posted to news website, Source. • Manage multiple projects on tight deadlines while coordinating with college and External Relations leadership on strategy, goals, assignments and schedules as needed.
Percentage Of Time 50
Job Duty Category Brand and Reputation Management
• Manage all College of Agricultural Sciences social media platforms. Primary administrator and responsible for the College Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn accounts. • Provide monitoring of social and digital media venues and independently respond to posted commentary to ensure that the university and college image is protected and the CSU brand is communicated consistently and appropriately across all channels. • Identify and provide enriching opportunities for audiences to interact and engage with CAS/CSU in the social space – facilitate discussion and build relationship with fans. • Assist with the management of Colorado State University social media platforms. • Attend major College and CSU events to cover on social media, as well as assist in the booths. • Assists the CSU Social and Digital Media team daily in social media coverage and at annual or special events, and serves as a backup to the rest of the team.
Percentage Of Time 30
Job Duty Category Analytics Management
• Record monthly social media data, analyze the data and draw conclusions to provide strategic direction.
• Continuously improve digital content through use of web analytics, social media data, industry insights and best practices.
Percentage Of Time 10
Job Duty Category University-Wide Collaboration, Training, and Assistance
• Serve on the University Social Media Committee. • Provide social media and digital assistance and strategy to CAS units, as needed. • Meet regularly with CAS department chairs and program directors to gather content/story ideas. • Collaborate with other CSU social media professionals on University-wide initiatives. • Assist CSU Social and Digital Media Director with projects and duties, as assigned.
Percentage Of Time 10
Special Instructions to Applicants
To receive full consideration, please apply by October 29, 2018, with a cover letter that addresses the required and preferred qualifications of the position, a resume, three professional references, and a link to your online portfolio. The link to your online portfolio should be included in either your resume or cover letter, or you may add it in the optional ‘Portfolio’ slot under Application Documents. Your portfolio should include at least three design samples, including but not limited to, 1) video example, 2) social media asset (campaign, graphic design, etc.), 3) original photography example. Please be sure to include live links to social media examples. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Search Contact Jen Smith, email@example.com
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Minimum Requested 3
Maximum Requested 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you hold a bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, communications or related field?
Do you have at least two years of professional experience (inclusive of internships, etc.) in communications, marketing, public relations or related field?
Do you have experience in multimedia asset creation that includes videography, photography, graphic design (as demonstrated in digital portfolio)?
Have you uploaded or provided a link to a portfolio of work showcasing your skills as they relate to the duties of this position?