The Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA) is a state organization dedicated to partnering with communities to help create a climate of success for Georgia's families and businesses. DCA offers a fast pace, challenging and dynamic environment that requires attention to detail, pride in quality of work, and the ability to work as a versatile team player. The Office of Housing Finance (OHF) provides loans, grants, and allocates tax credits to fund a wide range of affordable housing activities including building, buying, and/or rehabilitating affordable housing for rent. The OHF advances the following strategic goals:
• Increasing access to thriving communities through outreach and development in areas of opportunity
• Partnering across Georgia to grow and achieve local visions for strong communities
• Fostering inclusive communities free of barriers to individuals underserved by existing housing programs
The Housing Policy Analyst II will seek to develop viable communities by promoting integrated approaches to provide decent affordable housing, a suitable living environment and expand economic opportunities for low- and moderate income persons. The Policy Analyst will work with the Senior Housing Policy Analyst to encourage the development and operation of housing as a platform for opportunity and health through strategic partnerships and policy implementation.
Multifamily policy involves outreach, policy creation, policy implementation, and policy evaluation. This position will focus on policy outreach and implementation.
Tasks associated with this position include:
• Policy Outreach
o Engages with local, regional, State, federal, and industry stakeholders to identify best practices and opportunities for collaboration.
o Engages with DCA staff outside of the Office of Housing Finance to identify opportunities for cross-division policy alignment between multifamily housing and other DCA functions such as planning and economic development.
• Policy Implementation
o Collaborates with DCA staff to streamline property management reporting of compliance with DCA special initiatives’ requirements.
o Engages with property management staff and local service partners to monitor implementation of service-enriched housing programs.
o Convenes communities participating in DCA’s service-enriched housing programs every other month by telephone and annually in person.
DCA gives its employees the opportunity to do more than merely make a living. We are serious about helping Georgia's families live more abundantly with a greater sense of hope and achievement. If public service and the desire to enrich the lives of others motivates you to do your best work you should consider joining the DCA Team.
This position demands a willingness to stretch and grow-offering opportunities for leadership, development, and public speaking.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Experience working with communities and human services:
• A minimum of one year of documented successful experience in community development or community organizing activities, preferably using methods akin to network organizing.
• Working knowledge of human service system(s), preferable in low-income housing in Georgia, or the ability to quickly develop such knowledge.
• A Master’s degree with resident- and network-focused practicum in fields such as social work, public health, and education
• Ability to effectively convey vision, ideas, goals, and issues-as well as produce reports and presentations for a variety of stakeholders and expertise.
• Excels at administering and coordinating groups of individuals by promoting teamwork, delegating tasks, resolving conflict, setting goals, and evaluating performance.
• An exceptional listener and coach.
• Strong writing skills to develop complex policy documents and strategies
• Exhibits a willingness to learn new things and improve the status quo
• Ability to work independently to develop work plans and strategies to meet DCA's housing outreach needs. This includes the ability to Manage up and keep leadership informed and involved.
• Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
• Ability to be result-driven with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation
• Ability to work in a fast-moving, flexible environment and maintain priorities and project management skill
Agency Specific Minimum Qualifications:
Master's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND One year of experience required at the lower level Prgm Consultant 1 (GSP090) or position equivalent.
Job candidate for this position will be subject to a criminal background check, educational degree check, and reference checks prior to the extension of a job offer.
Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND One year of related experience OR completion of an apprenticeship/internship that sufficiently supplied experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position.
Job: *Administrative & Operations Support
Organization: *Ga. Dept. of Community Affairs
Title: Policy Analyst II
Requisition ID: ADM06GH