Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is seeking a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) for their Core Lab.
• Full Time; 3rd shift
• Wednesday – Wednesday 2100-0730, 8 on 6 off
Required Minimum Education:
• Associate’s degree for a MLT or Bachelor’s Degree for at MLS (or attained within 3 months of hire date). Prefer: Associates degree or Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Lab Science or Chemical, Physical or Biological science (proof required)
• Internship in an approved Medical Technology training program
• MLT (ASCP), MT (ASCP), MLS (ASCP) OR equivalent (AMT, AAB, HHS, NCA, HEW, CLS- CA, FL, NY state license, Philippine Board of Technical Technology) OR ASCP specialty certification for specific discipline. Registry must be passed within 3 months of hire date
• Prefer MLT (ASCP), MT (ASCP), or MLS (ASCP)
• MT (ASCP), MLS (ASCP) OR equivalent (AMT, AAB, HHS, NCA, HEW, CLS- CA, FL, NY state license, Philippine Board of Technical Technology) OR ASCP specialty certification for specific discipline
• Registry must be passed within 3 months of hire date
• Preferred: MT (ASCP), MLS (ASCP)
• Strong positive interpersonal skills
• Ability to read, write and speak English clearly
• Problem solving ability, time management skills
• Possess organizational skills to function successfully in a fast paced work environment
• Computer literate
• Preferred: Experience with Cerner Millennium LIS.
Job responsibilities (Including but not limited too):
• Specimen Integrity
• Laboratory Operations
• Professional Accountability
• Test Procedures
• Quality Control/Documentation
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.