SPC Supply Chain Analyst in Cordova, IL at Volt
Employee Type: Contingent
Location: Cordova, IL
Job Type: Engineering Disciplines
Duration: 48 weeks
Date Posted: 6/13/2018
Job ID: 120712
Pay Rate $18.38 - $24.63/Hour
Contact Name Volt Branch
This 12 month contract is for one of our clients that specialize in chemicals and adhesives. This facility blends, reacts, and purifies products that are ultimately used in other facilities that end up in industrial, commercial, and consumer applications around the world.
The person hired for the position of Supply Chain Analyst will provide support within the site for production schedules, procurement, capacity planning, and inventory parameter management. This position is on Day Shift, 8:00 AM 4:00 PM
1. Perform assignments aimed at scheduling, inventory control, purchase orders and timely shipment of products. Activities may include:
a. Review and analyze forecasts for inventory and raw material needs
b. Evaluate and project capacity requirements
c. Determine when and how much material to order
2. Function as a team member that assists in the coordination of manufacturing activities for designated product lines with input from internal and external customers, production management, product and process engineering, sourcing, production employees, and other functions.
3. Responsible for developing production and procurement plans and schedules that balance customer service requirements and inventory goals.
4. Monitor, analyze, and report capacity requirements.
5. Facilitate and lead continuous improvement efforts, using appropriate Lean and Six Sigma tools and participating in Value Stream improvement activities.
6. This position requires a self-motivated individual who communicates and influences with credibility and confidence. This individual should possess strong analytical and problem solving skills along with the ability to pay attention to detail. Strong interpersonal and time management skills and a proven track record as a team player are also required.
1. Minimum of two (2) years Supply Chain experience in planning and scheduling (internship / co-op experience is considered qualifying)
2. Excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication, problem solving, and project planning skills are required to perform the duties of this position.
1. Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited university in Supply Chain Management, Production & Operations Management, Engineering, or Business
3. APICS certification preferred or willingness to obtain within 2 years
4. Experience with ERP systems SAP is a plus
5. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
6. Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices
Please apply to position or contact Tina Mahaney at (317) 685-2200 for any questions and more details regarding this position.
Volt has been serving some of the nation's strongest companies for over 60 years. As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of on-site support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with its employees.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In order to promote this harmony in the workplace and to obey the laws related to employment, Volt maintains a strong commitment to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or parental status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.