Job Title: Recruitment Coordinator
Job Status: Regular, 11 months
Start Date: ASAP
The Recruitment Coordinator acts as an information source to all applicants and employees answering routine employment inquiries. The Recruitment Coordinator markets Copper as an employer of choice in the industry and is responsible to assess staffing approaches and processes that meet the challenges of our dynamic and competitive market and business environment. Will be fundamental in assisting the Recruitment team with creative strategies and tactics to attract job seekers. Screens job applicants who meet the qualifications to keep the company optimally staffed. Tracks recruitment data, measuring the return on investment per Copper's Applicant Tracking System. Performs a variety of human resources clerical duties to assist in a productive and efficient department operation. Facilitates the best possible applicant and employee experience through exceptional attention to guest service. The Recruitment Coordinator will work directly with the Food & Beverage department among others assisting with the entire recruitment process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Recruitment Team to identify personnel needs, workforce planning strategies, search assignments and communication plans that ensure staffing needs are met in all Copper Mountain divisions
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with Copper Leaders, vendors, community and regional organizations and other team members to create partnerships yielding success, predictable results and credibility. Develops and maintains a network of contacts to help identify and source candidates. Fosters relationships with colleges and professional organizations to attract and recruit alumni and diversity candidates.
- Leverage online recruiting resources and ATS data to identify and recruit the very best candidates
- Is familiar with and understands the Copper and POWDR Corp organizations and its personnel policies to discuss wages, working conditions, and promotional opportunities with prospective applicants. Stays informed about Colorado & Federal Laws such as equal employment opportunity (EEO); Affirmative Action and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) with relation to recruitment and hiring practices. Promotes Equal Employment Opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, marital status, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability or any other group protected by law.
- Participates, under the guidance of the Recruitment Team and Director of Employee Experience, in classes & workshops pertaining to Human Resources issues including but not limited to, interviewing skills, social security verifications, unemployment insurance and company policies and procedures
- Assists the Recruitment Team with approving and monitoring job posting requests and job descriptions in a timely manner and in accordance with Copper Mountain's Wage and Salary Plan. Coordinates the communication of these external and internal opportunities.
- Supports the Recruitment Team and the Director of Employee Experience in reporting staffing levels for the company against forecasts and identifies gaps as well as strategies to fill
- Assists the Recruitment Team with tracking results of all recruiting initiatives so as to manage against historical data and understand recruiting trends. With the assistance of an ATS, the Recruitment Coordinator will also assist in conducting research and reporting to understand demographics and psychographics of the applicant base.
- Understands the online application program, Recruitment Management. The management of applications could also involve screening interviews, pre-employment testing, reference checking and background checking. This will be extremely important with the Food & Beverage department as you will be working side-by-side with them on their recruiting efforts.
- Assists the Recruitment Team with coordination, planning, and attendance of annual Job Fairs hosted by Copper Mountain locally, nationally and internationally. Responsible for representing Copper Mountain at various off-site functions as assigned. Must have the ability to travel to recruit staff. Must be able to travel alone or with a group.
- Assists with all supplemental staffing programs including International recruitment and selection, peak season recruitment programs and internships
- Is familiar with international recruiting practices, J-1 and H2B work visas. Is able to assist international applicants with the correct course of action to apply for future positions.
- Conducts interviews and makes hiring decisions for departments as assigned
- Reviews and offers feedback to department leaders concerning job description content when leaders request job postings. Ensures job descriptions are up to date and adequately reflect the level of the position. Ensures that all necessary approvals have been requested.
- Assists with the management of web site content for Copper Mountain employment pages internally & externally
- Assists with creative aspects of advertising campaign and procedures and monitors all recruiting costs. Assists with tracking response rates on ads and cost per hire.
- Ensures the professional appearance/look of self at all times
- Provides applicants with online application information and information regarding job openings and employment opportunities. Ensures applicants understand expectations prior to arrangement of an interview.
- Maintains the online application information in Recruitment Management by evaluating and routing applications daily and tracking all routing information into the system
- Updates job descriptions in word as they are submitted
- Informs applicants about job duties, responsibilities, salary, benefits, hours and working conditions. Also relates company policies, promotional opportunities and other pertinent information.
- Refers selected applicants to interview with hiring manager or sets interview time according to a pre-arranged schedule
- Sends out response letters to applicants applying online or by email and according to requests from hiring supervisors
- Develops strong working relationships with company supervisors and management so as to learn about each operation in order to effectively fill open positions
- Accurately tracks applicant volume and traffic on Recruitment Management, reporting on statistics with the Recruitment Team
Will assist the Front Desk staff as needed with the following duties when needed:
Fulfills new hire, re-hire and reactivation paperwork including but not limited to: Hiring Checklist, Personnel Data Form, W-4, Employee Handbook Acknowledgment, I-9, background check authorization, Employee ID card form, ensuring all items are complete and accurate
- Verifies the I-9 form as per the requirements created by the US Department of Justice
- Maintains all employee files and other records for current and previous two years in a timely, efficient and organized manner
- Maintains message boards ensuring that job postings and various information of interest are updated and visible
- Types a variety of documents, letters, memos and forms
- Opens, sorts and distributes mail
- Ensures office space, meeting rooms, computers, etc. are locked and secure when not in use
- Answers the phones within three rings and directs calls in a timely and proficient manner. Takes and directs messages for the Employee Experience Department.
- Greets and provides information to managers, supervisors, employees, guests and applicants entering the office.
- Is able and willing to participate in Front Line Assist and needed / required (helping in operations).
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- All salaried team members are expected to participate in the company's Front Line Assist program to assist in operations as needed, as well as to participate in Leadership events such as meetings, required trainings, and participating in employee dinners/events
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values: Employee Experience, Guest Loyalty, & Financial Strength
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week, including holidays and weekends
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to fluently read, write and verbally communicate in the English language
- Must have the ability to deal with high levels of activity (i.e., phone and guest/employee contact) for long periods of time
- Must be able to speak clearly and have adequate hearing ability for phone conversations in a noisy environment
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Be accountable for daily station open/closing: floats, cash-out monies, and closing reports -- including taking the time to resolve any over/short closing issues and providing any necessary back-up for daily transactions
- Minimum 2 years cash-handling experience required
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Must have a valid US Driver's license
- Must be able to work some evenings for employee functions and weekends when office operates seven days per week
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- College degree preferred
- 1-2 years of previous office/clerical experience, preferably in a human resource environment
- Previous Food & Beverage experience a plus
- Advanced typing skills, professional phone skills and manner
- Must maintain a professional appearance in a highly visible and stressful environment
- Bilingual Skills advantageous.
- Computer Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, data entry
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled