Identity Engineering Supervisor
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States at https://geico.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/7710/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Leadership at http://geico.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/leadership-opportunities-at-geico-17
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Ready to make an impact? If so, please read on!
GEICO's Cybersecurity Identity Management organization is seeking a highly motivated, process-oriented Identity Engineering Supervisor to join our Identity Engineering team. The team is responsible for the engineering, operation and availability of Identity Management platforms, including directory services, the Security Access Request (SAR) system, Single Sign On, and Azure AD. Qualified candidates are strong leaders and have driven success as a formal or informal leader for a minimum of two years, preferably multiple teams, with a track record of results improvement. You should have a track record of successfully coaching and developing others. Also, a track record of on time delivery coupled with excellent proactive communication skills and ability to collaborate with others for delivery
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure the security and availability of GEICO's systems and information
• Development of security staff and services for measurable continuous improvement
• Coaching and mentoring of associates for continued development and results
• Establishing goals and developing plans to continually improve security services leveraging service delivery and management methodologies. -Manage team performance reviews and development plans
• Establishing metrics, improving quality, and reducing delivery time for services
• Building strong partnerships with other teams
• Coordinating activities with other stakeholders to ensure overall quality & timeliness of deliverables
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
• The ideal candidate has strong technical knowledge and experience with Azure AD and Active Directory
• The ideal candidate has a strong track record of incident and problem management
• The ideal candidate has a strong track record and background in infrastructure architecture, especially related to ensuring the availability of GEICO systems
• Ability to coach and mentor engineers and analysts for improved performance and team dynamics
• Ability to establish and leverage metrics to improve quality and customer experience
• Capable of leading change to successful conclusion of projects/tasks
• Ability to quickly digest and leverage new technologies to improve security services
• Strong understanding of current and emerging security technologies and services
• Knowledge of cloud computing technologies and concepts (Saas, Paas, IaaS, etc)
• Knowledge of platform areas, including DevOps, DBA and Middleware functions
• Knowledge of infrastructure function including network, distributed compute, storage, and server infrastructure, etc
• Knowledge of fundamental security concepts regarding access and access controls
• Knowledge of Identity Management related security concepts, tools, and processes including but not limited to Single Sign On, Identity and Access Governance, and Privileged Account Management.
• Knowledge of business continuity, disaster recovery, and resiliency
• Knowledge of IT service management and service delivery practices
• Must be able to provide 24x7 supports for mission critical systems/services
• Must possess or obtain CISSP within 6 months of accepting the position
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
401(k) and profit-sharing plans
Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
Associate assistance program
Flexible spending accounts
Business casual dress
Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
Associate clubs and sports teams
GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.