TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• Student in final year of Engineering
• Accurate in numbers and follow up of project
• Good level of planning skills ideally with systems development experience including process flow mapping and project management
• Flexible and proactive team player.
• Open personality and able to work independently with a “hands on” approach.
• Focused on targets and highly determined to deliver results.
• Mature personality able to liaise with all levels of the company
• Experience with making presentations
• Enthusiastic person
• Computer skills: Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office, especially Excel.
• Fluent in English, any other European language is a plus.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• are a flexible team player with a natural positive attitude and the desire to work respectfully with people with a hands on mentality.
• have a customer first mindset.
Based within the European Purchasing Function of Toyota, our role is related to strategy development and coordination of supplier production preparation activity for new model project management. Our responsibility and tasks are various and these include; project risks detection & elimination, key activities KPI reporting, supplier activity coordination, plant production trial support and reporting project status to executive management.
We remain focused on setting strategy and process development to provide guidance to our buyers and supplier production management engineers for achieving successful new model introduction. We strive to develop best practices through a cycle of continuous improvement and learning.
• You will participate in the definition of the parameters to establish an IT system of the supplier delivery improvement process
• You play a key role in the rollout of the supplier tracking and reporting system across Europe.
Duration: ideally 6-12 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected into internship report. This issue need to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.
Job ID: 2018-2146
External Company URL: https://www.toyota-europe.com/
Address Line 1: Hoge Wei 33