TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• We expect a student in final year of Bachelor / Master level in Engineering/ Business Administration
• Affinity with technique / automotive is definitely an asset
• You enjoy analytical & research tasks to find facts and suggest improvements
• You need to be well structured and organised
• Computer literacy is a must, particularly Excel & Power Point
• You feel at ease to work and liaise with other departments
• You have a mature personality that can communicate on all kinds of levels and can present your arguments in an assertive but diplomatic way
• Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills
• Fluent in English, any other language will be considered as an asset (especially French / Turkish)
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills with a hands on mentality.
• are a flexible team player with a natural positive attitude and the desire to work respectfully with people in a multicultural environment
• have a customer first mind-set
Quality department, Manufacturing Quality and Audit department is a dynamic team promoting the build in quality at our European factories. It is a team consisting of specialists in training and auditing the plant’s manufacturing and quality departments.
You would be working in the Manufacturing Quality Systems area supporting the standardisation of the systems throughout all European manufacturing plants.
• Under coaching of by our specialist engineer, you will get trained and study closely the quality systems we operate in our plants
• You will then make a comprehensive summary for each implemented quality manufacturing system and study improvements
• You will have the opportunity to be involved in small project management roll outs
• You will be in contact with our alliance partners (PSA / BMW) and collect the vehicle quality defects and improve the collection, recording and reporting method
• You will study the current tooling systems per plant and propose how to come to one European overall system
• You will have regular meetings with your coach to follow up the progress of your project
Place of internship: Toyota Motor Europe head office (Brussels)
Starting date: to be agreed between the intern – university and TME but preferably in October ‚18
Duration: min. 6 months – preferably 12 months
Confidentiality: due to business requirements, not all aspects of the task can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.
Job ID: 2018-2177
External Company URL: https://www.toyota-europe.com/
Address Line 1: Bourgetlaan/Avenue du Bourget 60