Hardware Technician 3
Requisition ID: 18007863
Location(s): United States-Nebraska-Bellevue
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Are you ready to join a leading global provider of secure software-defined, hardware-enabled mission systems? Are you interested in working on products and systems that provide solutions for global security? Are you looking to join a team of high performers to help expand your skills and experience?
The Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) System Engineering, Management and Sustainment (SEMS III) program is offering an exciting career opportunity to support the Air Force Weather mission at Offutt AFB, Omaha,
Nebraska. NGMS is seeking a Technician 2 to join our team of qualified and diverse professionals supporting his important mission.
Position involves 24 x 7 x 365 support and they must be willing to be on-call on a rotating schedule. Must live close enough to Offutt AFB to respond within 30 minutes This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Bellevue, NE (Offutt AFB).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Installation, removal, basic repair of computer hardware
- Proper wiring, rack dressing, and cabling of system components
- Coordinate activities for the calibration of sensitive measuring equipment with the Preventive Maintenance Equipment
Listing (PMEL) and, ensure equipment is delivered and picked up from PMEL in a timely manner
- Perform duties as Hardware Lead which includes daily walk-throughs of the computer data center ensuring all equipment
is operating and properly functioning.
- Reposition satellite dishes as required and perform general maintenance on the satellite dishes.
- Assist vendors in all Preventive Maintenance Inspections (PMI) of Uninterruptible Power System (UPS) system which
includes batteries and the UPS modules
- Adhere to Electric Static Discharge (ESD) procedures for proper handling of data processing equipment and test
- Assist in all monthly inventories of all SEMS controlled assets
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 3 years of related work experience
- U.S. Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and main a Top Secret clearance.
- Position involves 24 x 7 x 365 support and they must be willing to be on-call on a rotating schedule
- Understanding of a Uninterruptible Power System
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large set of tasks in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to work within and be part of a strong team environment
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize assigned work and meet deadlines
- Must be detailed-oriented
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Works well under general supervision
- Contributes to the completion of organizational program and goals
- CompTIA A Certification
- Basic knowledge of electrical/electronic systems
- Knowledge with basic satellite communication system
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and
- Excellent presentation and writing/communication skills
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment
- Active Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Hardware Technician 3
Requisition ID: 18007863