Intern Risk and Compliance - Paid
Intern - Paid
Less than 1 year
Georgia - Atlanta
High School Diploma
Email a Friend
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2.5 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
The candidate will work with the Security, Risk, and Compliance team to manage the security assessment lifecycle of systems, networks, and applications and create process and policy-related documentation.
. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Using existing education and training, and knowledge learned on the job, the incumbent will work with various security technologies to support the audit and assessment of networked endpoints, servers, and network equipment.
• The incumbent will create original, and modify existing, policy and process documentation to cover the Risk and Compliance Analyst role.
• Attends team and any other meetings as appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The successful candidate will be near graduation or recently received a degree in Information Assurance, Network Security, or similar.
• Experience administering Windows systems, Unix systems, or network devices (firewalls, routers, etc.) a plus.
• Commitment to cooperative working.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
• System / networking diagramming and documentation skills
• Ability to work under tight time constraints and deadlines.
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR KNOWLEDGE:
• The ideal candidate will have experience with Enterprise versions of Microsoft Office software to include PowerPoint, Visio, and Project.
All Interns Must meet the following requirements:
•Full-time student, If you are an undergraduate student you have completed your freshman year of college;
•Have a minimum of a B average (cumulative 3.0 on 4.0 scale);
•Plan to continue their education in the following term/semester
oNote: an internship assignment may coincide with the student’s last term/trimester, but student must disengage upon graduation.
The following information must be submitted upon application:
•Two references from academic/professional sources addressing the student’s credentials based on the internship’s skill requirements
•Recent transcript attesting to their GPA and standing as a full-time student
•Unpaid interns must also provide documentation of the participation in a bona-fide college intern program under which their ACS internship either qualifies them to receive course credit OR fulfills a graduation/coursework requirement.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities.